CONEXIG NEWS ESG&F (Environmental, Social Governance & Finance)
A HIGH-LEVEL GUIDE FOR THE BLUE DOT NETWORK CERTIFICATION
Autor: Felipe Gutierrez
*Article only written in English
The Blue Dot Network is a voluntary certification program for infrastructure projects that meet high standards of quality, transparency, and sustainability. The program was launched in 2019 by the United States Department of State and the United Kingdom Department for International Trade, and it is now open to projects from all over the world.
Benefits of Blue Dot Network Certification
There are many benefits to obtaining Blue Dot Network certification for your infrastructure project. These benefits include:
- Increased investor confidence: Blue Dot Network certification signals to investors that your project meets high standards of quality, transparency, and sustainability. This can make it easier to attract investment and financing for your project.
- Reduced risk: Blue Dot Network certification can help to reduce the risk of delays, cost overruns, and environmental damage associated with your project. This can save you money and time, and it can also help to protect your reputation.
- Increased market access: Blue Dot Network certification can help you to access new markets for your project. This is because many governments and businesses are now requiring Blue Dot Network certification for infrastructure projects.
How to become blue dot network certified
To become Blue Dot Network certified, your project must meet the following requirements:
- The project must be located in a country that is a member of the Blue Dot Network.
- The project must be publicly financed or privately financed with a government guarantee.
- The project must meet the Blue Dot Network’s standards for quality, transparency, and sustainability.
The Blue Dot Network has a two-step certification process:
- Pre-assessment: The first step is a preassessment, which is conducted by a Blue Dot Network-accredited consultant. The preassessment will assess your project’s compliance with the Blue Dot Network’s standards.
- Final assessment: If your project passes the pre-assessment, it will be subject to a final assessment by a Blue Dot Network-accredited panel of experts. The final assessment will determine whether your
project meets the Blue Dot Network’s standards for certification.
Recent Developments in the blue dot network
The Blue Dot Network is a relatively new program, but it has already made significant progress. In 2021, the Blue Dot Network launched two pilot programs: one for energy projects and one for transportation projects. The pilot programs are designed to test the Blue Dot Network’s certification process and to identify any areas where the program can be improved.
The Blue Dot Network is also working to expand its membership. In addition to the United States and the United Kingdom, the Blue Dot Network now has members from Australia, Canada, Japan, and the Netherlands. The Blue Dot Network is expected to continue to grow in the coming years, as more countries and businesses recognize the value of the program.
How CONEXIG can help
CONEXIG can help you to obtain Blue Dot Network certification for your infrastructure project.
CONEXIG has a team of experienced professionals who can help you to assess your project’s compliance with the Blue Dot Network’s standards, and they can also help you to prepare for the Blue Dot Network’s certification process.
CONEXIG is a member of the Blue Dot Network’s Executive Consulting Board, which gives CONEXIG a unique understanding of the Blue Dot Network’s certification process. CONEXIG can use this understanding to help you to obtain Blue Dot Network certification for your infrastructure project quickly and easily.
If you are interested in obtaining Blue Dot Network certification for your infrastructure project, contact CONEXIG today. CONEXIG can help you to assess your project’s compliance with the Blue Dot Network’s standards, and they can also help you to prepare for the Blue Dot Network’s certification process.
For more information, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 305 204 0919
- “Blue Dot Network.” United States Department of State, 2023, www.state.gov/blue-dot-network/.
- “What Is the Blue Dot Network?” ShareAmerica, 2023, www.share.america.gov/blue-dot-certification-will-boostglobal-infrastructure/.
- “OECD and the Blue Dot Network.” OECD, 2023, www.oecd.org/corporate/oecd-and-the-blue-dotnetwork.htm.
NOTE: This publication was written for general information and educational purposes only and may therefore contain errors and is not intended, under any circumstances, to be specific advice, legal or otherwise. Neither CONEXIG nor its directors, shareholders, legal representatives, managers and/or employees will be responsible under any circumstances for the statements, comments or opinions expressed in this publication, the author of this being solely responsible. We disclaim any representation and/or warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, quality, or applicability of any of the content presented here. Readers of this publication should not act or fail to act in reliance on it, and we disclaim all liability in respect of such acts or omissions. This publication is not a substitute for competent legal advice on the issues dealt with, directly or indirectly, in it. The content of this document may be updated or changed without prior notice.